Monday, February 4, 2008

As a start ....

Gabriele started her blog in German some time ago and she and her friends like it a lot. So I will give it a try too. Bear with me: There is a lot to come.

If you like what you see, let me know, if you don't, let me know too. Feedback will help to make this a useful form of 'staying in touch' with friends, which I would like to accomplish with this.



The English 'word of the day' (its a new one for me) is: Adobe - not just the name of a software product line, but "a sundried brick" used to build walls for buildings in arid areas such as the American West.



The movie of today: Alfred Hitchcock's 1956 remake 'The man who knew too much' with Doris Day and James Stewart. We liked the first half of the mystery plot, but then it became a bit too melodramatic with Doris Day singing 'Que sera, sera' in an English embassy setting and crying while standing without a ticket in the aisle of a balcony box of the Royal Albert Hall expecting the villain to assassin the English Primeminister. Well, our expectations of 'action movies' have obviously changed since the 60s.

No comments: